Student council at AMI are elected every year through a real life process of nominations, campaigning and elections for the posts of head boy, head girl, house captains and vice captains.
A bid for Student Council can and does bring many benefits to students irrespective of winning or losing:
- They learn how governments work.
- The nomination process encourages critical self reflection by thinking about the roles that fit them best!
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Learn graciousness to accept losing with confidence and grace.
- Develops empathy to look at problems and issues from different viewpoints.